The beauty of biscuits, apart from being buttery, flaky and delicious, is that they’re the gateway to buttermilk doughnuts, scones and making pastry. So if these are your jam, take a few minutes and learn to make biscuits.
This recipe can be easily modified to a vegan diet. Just substitute butter for vegan butter and buttermilk for oat, soy or almond milk. The key is the temperature. Your fat (butter/vegan butter) has to be cold. Frozen is best. And if not frozen, cold from the fridge will do.
Biscuits go with Everything!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
- cup ½of cold or frozen butter/vegan butter
- cup ¾milk/buttermilk/soy milk
- small bowl
- large bowl
- biscuit cutter you can also use a glass or plastic cup
- parmchement paper