Want a healthy, fast meal that is highly adaptable? I mean, really, who DOESN’T…right? Soup checks all the boxes: it’s fast, healthy, delicious, adaptable and can often be made with standard pantry items.
You (or your kids) can master this 30 minute meal. It has white beans to give it some fibre, balance the acid in the tomatoes and give some protein. Want more beans? Add them! You could even add ground beef, homemade meatballs or soy meat. Garnish it with fresh basil, Parmesan cheese, a dollop of Marscapone or Ricotta, or fresh croutons. Serve with a baguette or fresh biscuits. I’ve got another great soup for you here.
I grabbed this recipe here, and there are scores of great, family-friendly meals on this site! Want it vegan, this recipe is easily adapted to a vegan palate.
Grab a knife, a cutting board and a pot and set your timer, ‘cuz soup’s on! Or, better yet, get your kids on this. Dinner will be ready in 30!
30 Minute Meal: Soups ON
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- teaspoon ½fine sea salt
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 large can whole tomatoes with their liquid (San Marzano tomatoes are the tastiest), 28 ounces
- 2 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- cup ½cooked white kidney beans or cannellini beans rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter or vegan butter cut into a few pieces
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar or brown sugar to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Optional: Fresh Basil top with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.