Want a healthy, fast meal that is highly adaptable? I mean, really, who DOESN’T…right? Soup checks all the boxes: it’s fast, healthy, delicious, adaptable and can often be made with standard pantry items.
You (or your kids) can master this 30 minute meal. It has white beans to give it some fibre, balance the acid in the tomatoes and give some protein. Want more beans? Add them! You could even add ground beef, homemade meatballs or soy meat. Garnish it with fresh basil, Parmesan cheese, a dollop of Marscapone or Ricotta, or fresh croutons. Serve with a baguette or fresh biscuits. I’ve got another great soup for you here.
I grabbed this recipe here, and there are scores of great, family-friendly meals on this site! Want it vegan, this recipe is easily adapted to a vegan palate.
Grab a knife, a cutting board and a pot and set your timer, ‘cuz soup’s on! Or, better yet, get your kids on this. Dinner will be ready in 30!
On Your Mark, Set, Go! Dinner in 20, Flat
- 2-4 cloves of garlic chopped
- 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2-3 cups of canned tomatoes or tomato sauce
- 2-3 cups of stock chicken/vegetable/beef/Parmesan
- 14 ounce can of chickpeas or white Romano beans or lentils rinsed and drained
- 1 bunch of fresh spinach collard greens or kale washed and dried and roughly chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Top your finished soup with any of these.
- fresh basil
- grated Parmesan cheese
- Ricotta Cheese
- fresh dill
- chili flakes