The BEST Chocolate Chip Recipe
Chocolate Chunk Cookies
I have been refining this chocolate chip recipe for years. Slight changes like adding almond meal and browning butter and playing with the cooling time has resulted in what I consider a perfect chocolate chip cookie. Crispy on the outside, chewy on the inside and loaded with rich chocolate chips. In less than an hour, these two can be yours!
- measuring cups and spoons
- small bowl
- large bowl
- Small saucepan
- cookie sheet
- parchment paper/silicone mat
- spatula (silicone and metal)
- cooling racks
- 1 cup of unsalted butter melted and browned
- 1 cup of firmly packed brown sugar
- ½ cup of granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 ½ cups of all purpose flour
- ½ cup ground almond meal
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 ½ cup of semi sweet chocolate chips or dark chocolate bar chopped
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- In a large bowl, cream together melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar. and vanilla. Allow to cool for a few minutes.
- In a separate bowl beat eggs until smooth. Very slowly drizzle the eggs into hot butter and sugar mix. You need to do this slowly so that you don’t cook the eggs!
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, salt and baking soda. Stir into butter mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and oats.
- Chill for 30 minutes.
- While the dough is cooling, preheat your oven to 350.
- Line your cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and roll into 1 ½” to 2” balls and place them 2” apart on the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes. If your oven has a convection option, this will create a crispier cookie on the outside. Remove from the oven and cool for a few minutes before removing.
- Store cookies in a glass or ceramic container. When you are ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
If you want a thinner cookie, reduce the cooling time of your cookies. If you want a thicker cookie, cool longer and roll a larger cookie.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!