On Your Mark, Set, Go! Hearty Tomato Bean Soup in 20 Flat!
It happens to all of us, we forgot to defrost, pick up or thought there was enough leftovers to cobble together a meal. Enter soup. Hearty, fast and healthy.
The key to whipping up a fast soup is having dry good on hand and stocked. If you have these items, dinner will always be 15-20 minutes away for you:
- stock (chicken, beef or vegetable) in liquid form or bouillon
- canned tomatoes or homemade or jarred tomato sauce
- canned chickpeas, white kidney beans or lentils
- garlic – fresh, minced in oil or dried
- greens: spinach, kale or collard greens (fresh or frozen)
- olive oil
On Your Mark, Set, Go! Dinner in 20, Flat
- 2-4 cloves of garlic chopped
- 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2-3 cups of canned tomatoes or tomato sauce
- 2-3 cups of stock chicken/vegetable/beef/Parmesan
- 14 ounce can of chickpeas or white Romano beans or lentils rinsed and drained
- 1 bunch of fresh spinach collard greens or kale washed and dried and roughly chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Top your finished soup with any of these.
- fresh basil
- grated Parmesan cheese
- Ricotta Cheese
- fresh dill
- chili flakes
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!