My general rule is: if I make something, I want it to last at least a couple of days. Traditional leaf salads — while delicious, can easily get soggy and it’s not uncommon to have to chuck any leftovers.
But not with black bean salad. It’s healthy, hearty has a great balance of flavours (sweet, salty, savoury and a little spicy) and gives protein and fibre.
So grab your cutting board and can opener, take advantage of the incredible mangoes in season and make a big batch of this delicious summer staple.
Whip it up fast and then go outside and enjoy it!
Mango Black Bean Salad
- 1 can of black beans rinsed and drained
- 1-2 mangoes peeled and sliced into strips
- 1-2 red peppers sliced into strips
- ½ – 1 whole red onion sliced into thin pieces
- ½ bunch of cilantro chopped roughly
- 1 jalapeno pepper minced
- cup ½of orange juice
- 1 tablespoon of cider vinegar or wine vinegar
- 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil or avocado oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste