Weekend’s Were Made for Brunch! Make this amazing Brioche French Toast
Brioche French Toast
Brioche is buttery eggy bread that is flavourful and tender and makes outstanding French Toast. If you don't have Brioche, consider using challah.
- 1 large skillet
- 1 set of tongs or spatula
- 1 mixing bowl
- 1 whisk
- 1 measuring spoons
- 4 eggs whisked
- 1/4-1/2 cup whole milk You could also use whipping cream or half and half
- 1-2 tsp cinnamon You might sprinkle more on the brioche as it is cooking.
- 1/4-1/2 cup unsalted butter
- Whisk eggs really well — when you draw your whisk up, you should see a thin stream of eggs.
- Add milk/cream/half and half.
- Whisk in cinnamon.
- Heat a large skillet on medium heat and add 2- 3 tablespoons of butter and melt until it starts to get a little foamy on top.
- While the butter is melting, submerge piece of brioche into the egg and milk mixture. Give it a little squeeze so the brioche absorbs the mixture. This will prevent the brioche from getting too dry when you cook it.
- Lay 2 or 3 pieces in the frying skillet. If the brioche is sticking to the bottom of the pan, add a bit more butter. You want to caramelize and brown all of the sides evenly. You can even sprinkle a little cinnamon on top while it's cooking.
- Remove from heat and serve with maple syrup, fresh fruit and whip cream!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!