Brioche French Toast
Brioche is buttery eggy bread that is flavourful and tender and makes outstanding French Toast. If you don't have Brioche, consider using challah.
- 1 large skillet
- 1 set of tongs or spatula
- 1 mixing bowl
- 1 whisk
- 1 measuring spoons
- 4 eggs whisked
- 1/4-1/2 cup whole milk You could also use whipping cream or half and half
- 1-2 tsp cinnamon You might sprinkle more on the brioche as it is cooking.
- 1/4-1/2 cup unsalted butter
- Whisk eggs really well — when you draw your whisk up, you should see a thin stream of eggs.
- Add milk/cream/half and half.
- Whisk in cinnamon.
- Heat a large skillet on medium heat and add 2- 3 tablespoons of butter and melt until it starts to get a little foamy on top.
- While the butter is melting, submerge piece of brioche into the egg and milk mixture. Give it a little squeeze so the brioche absorbs the mixture. This will prevent the brioche from getting too dry when you cook it.
- Lay 2 or 3 pieces in the frying skillet. If the brioche is sticking to the bottom of the pan, add a bit more butter. You want to caramelize and brown all of the sides evenly. You can even sprinkle a little cinnamon on top while it's cooking.
- Remove from heat and serve with maple syrup, fresh fruit and whip cream!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!